125g self raising flour
125g caster sugar
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
125g soft, unsalted butter (very soft!!)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract+ 6 Doughliciuos chocolate chip cookie dough balls, divided in half
Stuffing our best selling chocolate chip cookie dough into cupcakes with vanilla icing may just be the best thing we’ve ever done. Ready in just 30 mins, this is the perfect desert or afternoon treat everyone needs. Simply follow these few steps and taste them for yourself
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a cupcake/muffin tray with 12 cases.
2. In a sieve over the mixing bowl – add the flour, caster sugar and bicarbonate of soda and sift them.
3. Add 125g of butter.
4. Add 2 large eggs.
5. Start the mixer on a low speed until everything is just mixed and then turn up to medium to high for 1 minute.
6. With the mixer on a low speed add the milk and vanilla extract.
7. Put the mixer back up to medium to high speed for one last blast (about 30 seconds).
8. Stop the mixer, remove the paddle and get as much batter off as you can. Scrape the sides with a spatula and give a final mix with the spatula to catch anything missed by the paddle at the bottom.
9. Using a dessert spoon and teaspoon scoop the batter into the cupcake cases. Press in halved dough ball.
10. Bake for 22 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Check with a skewer – it should come out clean.
11. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.12. Decorate with nutella and cookie crumbs.