2 packs Doughlicious Classic chocolate chip cookie dough (12 dough balls), at room temperature
250g mixed nuts (peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds)
50g dark chocolate
For salted caramel:
150g unsalted butter
1 can (397g) condensed milk
3 tbsp (100g) golden syrup
110g light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Anything salted caramel is always good, but especially when it’s mixed all together with our Great Taste Award Winning Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Checkout our latest recipe which is a staple party favourite, ideal for your next summer get together
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan) Gas 3. Grease and line a 20 cm | 8 in. square tin.
2. Spread the nuts in an even layer on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile bring together the cookie dough balls to form one large ball.
4. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll the dough base out into a square. Trim to fit the tin.
5. Carefully transfer the dough base to the base of the prepared tin, using the trimmings to press into the corners to ensure there are no gaps in the dough. Prick with a fork.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool.
7. While the cookie base is resting, prepare the salted caramel. Heat the condensed milk, butter, golden syrup, and sugar in a pan and bring to a simmer. Stir constantly for 10-15 minutes until the caramel thickens and the sugar dissolves. Add the roasted nuts and salt, mix and leave to cool slightly.
8. Carefully pour the caramel over the cooled cookie base – take care as this will be very hot. Refrigerate for two-three hours.
9. Once the caramel has set, melt the chocolate and drizzle over the caramel. Refrigerate until set.
10. Remove from the fridge 10 minutes before slicing. Use a very sharp knife to cut into 12-16 slices.