For the Soup:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 potato roughly chopped
- 1 medium size pumpkin or squash
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 120g cream cheese
- 2 twigs of rosemary
For the garnish and croutons:
- 1 Pack Charcoal Black Pepper Miso Savoury Biscuit Dough, at room temperature
- A tbsp of butter
- A dash of paprika
- Half teaspoon of chilli flakes
What's better than a warming pumpkin soup? Pumpkin soup with a Charcoal Black Pepper Miso crumb for that extra kick and comfort.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (140ºC fan)
- Cut the pumpkin into two, remove seeds and place on oven tray. Drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and pepper then rub in so pumpkin is completely covered. Add a twig of rosemary inside the pumpkin and put the tray into the oven for 50 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp olive oil in a large pan, then gently cook onion and potato for 10 mins.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, scoop the pumpkin flesh out with a spoon and add it to the saucepan with the onion and potato.
- Reduce the oven heat to 160ºC. Bake the biscuits for 18 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Pour 500ml vegetable or chicken stock into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring all to the boil, then turn the heat off.
- Add 120g cream cheese, then puree the soup using a blender.
- Once it has the desired consistency, ladle into bowls of your choice.
- Crumble the savoury dough on top of the soup – one for each portion.
- In a mini saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add paprika and take it off the heat when the butter has darkened with bubbles.
- Drizzle the seasoned butter over the biscuit crumb.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes over all to your desired heat level.