- 1 box Chocolate Chip Cookies or Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Cookies – each puck cut in half and flattened into a round cookie
- 360g whipped cream
- 1/2 chocolate bar shaved
- 355.5 g strong coffee
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting on top
Cookies and coffee have always gone so well together, this recipe just proves it!
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Dip each cookie in the coffee, just for a second or two.
- Place the dipped cookies into a single, even layer out over the top of the whipped cream.
- Repeat each whipped cream and cookie layer two more times, for a total of three layers each.
- Finish by spreading on a final layer of whipped cream. Spread it smoothly out over the top.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling wrap and freeze (flat) for 4-5 hours, or until frozen through.
- Remove the ice box cake from the freezer and remove the cling wrap. Using the smallest holes on a cheese grater, grate the chocolate bar and spread the shavings judiciously out over the top of the cake.
- Slice the cake and serve. Enjoy!
This Tiramisu Cookie Ice Box Cake is so easy, but follow these tips and tricks for a winning dessert each time.
- Use your favorite brewed coffee, but make it strong so the flavour comes through.
- Let the coffee cool before dipping the cookies in, so the whipped cream doesn’t melt.
- Doughlicious baked cookies or store bought chocolate chip cookies are fine in this, but you can use your favourite, completely cooled homemade cookies instead.